These are a few apps to try out while traveling both domestically and abroad. These apps will help provide you with healthier options while out on the road. I hope you enjoy.
iFlyPro: (cost 6.99)
- Get the world’s largest airport app with over 700 airports, flight tracking and GPS-enabled in-terminal maps as featured in NY Times, USA Today and The Today Show. Voted Travel & Leisure magazine’s “most comprehensive airport guide”.
- LIST OF COOL CONTENT AND FEATURES:: – GPS Terminal Maps Providing In-Terminal Navigation – Flight Tracker – Airport Status (US) – Parking Rates and Locations – Airline Info (tel #’s, route maps, baggage) – Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Lounges & Retail Stores – Ground Transportation Options – Wi-Fi Coverage – Terminal Services (banks/ATMs, business centers, currency exchange, etc) – Layover Ideas
Airport Food: (Cost Free)
- I was not able to find many reviews available for this app. It does list restaurants, café’s etc in airports and provides user reviews of each. This may be a good one for layovers.
- Zestar Menu Pilot provides everything you need to dine out worry-free! (Features below)
- Restaurant database consists of thousands of menu items from hundreds of restaurants
- Recommends the healthiest meal choices from each restaurant
- Calculates the calories and protein in all menu offerings
- Suggests simple ways to make meals healthier (substituting sides, excluding certain condiments, etc.)
- Includes recommendations and nutrition estimates for “typical” restaurant menus
- Saves your choices for future reference
- So the next time you decide to go out for lunch or are meeting friends for dinner at a restaurant, with just a couple taps you’ll be able to find what your best choices are straight from the restaurant’s menu
Clean Plates: (iphone free download):
- Provides you with healthy eating options near your location
Eatable: (iphone and Android)
- Searches nearby restaurants according to your food allergies
Healthy Dining Finder: (www.healthydiningfinder.com)
- Provides healthy meal options and nutritional information for hundreds of restaurants
- Have to try this one out to see if any are in your area.
Find me Gluten Free: (Available for both Android and iphone)
- Searches for Gluten Free options near your location
- I have used this one before and have found it useful
If anyone else uses a particular app for finding healthier options while on the go please comment and let everyone else know about it too!